"Arlecchino, A Servant of Two Masters" Che fantastico gioco! (What a great play!)
I saw the last performance of this play on Saturday night and I must say that it was put on by professionals. I love good theater and it was evident that everyone worked really hard to put this together. The characters were fully engaged and invited the audience into their comedic world.
Everyone's costumes were phenomenal and Arlecchino really stood out with his brightly colored outfit and "slap-stick" that he carried around. This stick, called a "battacchio" in Italian is a weapon(?) of sorts made of two wooden slats that make a loud noise when "beaten" on someone. The funny thing is that Arlecchino gets the stick more than anyone in this play! It was truly daunting for him to have two masters because he kept getting the orders from each mixed up. From giving money to the wrong master to opening two of his master's letters and trying to seal them again with his wet bread! Eww! I loved the way Brighella, the innkeeper, twirled her hair and acted sooo giddy towards the older gentleman. Speraldina's little speech about the inequalities / double standards that exist between men and women was unforgettable. And was that an Italian gesture for "the bird" she let loose right before she walked off stage?! Everyone did such a fine job. I will definitely go to more plays in the future. Maybe one day when I have the time I might even get to perform in one.
Bravo everyone!!
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment